Friday 13 January 2012

Positive thinking

Posted by MsHliladventures at 1/13/2012 07:22:00 pm
A part of my work requires me to review other teams' works & controls, in a way its slightly similar to an auditor's work. Just this morning i was commenting that i am qt "unlucky" as i kept picking samples with issues. As such i have been giving B rating to a few team's work, which has to be escalated to department head. Well not exactly the best way to earn popularity votes.

Today it was business as usual when i gave a colleague from korea a B rating for this particular piece of work she was in charge of.

Guess what? She dropped me an email thanking me for giving her an opportunity to look at her work more closely. Wow it's similar to thanking an auditor for raising an audit point.

I am really impressed by this VP who saw this as a learning opportunity & a chance to improve on processes. It's all a matter of perspective ya. I am glad to have done smthing value adding, albeit small :)

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Ms H's adventures Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Ugg Boots Sale | web hosting