Sunday 8 January 2012

Consumerism

Posted by MsHliladventures at 1/08/2012 09:15:00 pm
Today i was packing up my 2 wardrobes and i was kinda horrified by the amount of clothes that i have. These days i hardly do the brick-&-mortar shopping anymore. I m petrified by the crowds in shopping malls & in fact i shop like a guy these days. For my cny shopping, i came up with the list of items i need- head to the shop, purchase & escape the mall. I guess the reason for the bulk of clothes is that I am a frequent online shopper!

All along i have realised that i always have a new piece to wear n for some of my clothes, i dun even wear it twice. However, i nv gave a second thought to it. If i can afford it, why not? (how shallow) It is till today that the hard fact finally hit me, yes i have alot of clothes, in fact too many.

Why do i need so much clothes for? Guilt hit me. I am serious.. People are starving in the rest of the world n here i am having more clothes than I need. I have absolutely no use for so much clothes. For a moment i was disgusted at how wasteful i have been. Guilt aside, i suppose the money can be spent more wisely.

With that $$, i can prolly
- save up since cash in king
- go on a holiday with that $ and expand my life experiences & horizons
- use part of the $$ on a nice property
- use it for yoga classes

And the list goes on..

Hence my new year resolution is to be more thrifty. Live simply & appreciate the simple pleasures of life. :)

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Ms H's adventures Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Ugg Boots Sale | web hosting