Sunday 11 March 2012

Kiehl's Rare Earth Deep Pore Cleansing Masque

Posted by MsHliladventures at 3/11/2012 12:32:00 am
I got a sample of this clay mask from the friendly SA at Robinson, Raffles City.I have a concern with the blackheads around my nose (as usual) and recently a few whiteheads have been popping up on my chin and cheeks. So I was very keen to find a clay mask that is able to clean my pores.

Extracted from Kiehl's website:
Our Rare Earth masque helps purify and detoxify skin while minimizing the appearance of enlarged pores. Formulated with Amazonian White Clay to gently draw out oil, dirt and toxins that can clog pores. The addition of Oatmeal and Aloe Vera will help soothe, hydrate and protect sensitive skin.

My verdict?

Scent: While many reviewers have mentioned that they do not like scent of the mask, I am quite the opposite as I like the smell of oatmeal in my mask. Feels wholesome!

Application: Just apply a thin layer, leave it on for 10 mins and wash it off with warm water. I felt a slight tingling after I applied the mask. While other reviewers have complained about the burning sensation, I felt the tingling feel was bearable and in fact I am quite happy with it as i feel it is the mask doing its work. For that 10 mins, my skin did felt abit tight though.

Aftermath: The mask is easy to wash off and I am happy to say my skin did not feel dry after using the clay mask. And my complexion became noticebly fairer! I dunno if I am imagining things but I think that the whiteheads on my chin seem less protruding and the area around the chin felt smoother.

So all in all, I am a happy user. I think a fairer verdict will be after all my blackheads are extracted after a facial and I can monitor how the regular application of this mask will clear the clogged pores and prevent the mushrooming of more blackheads/whiteheads. Am so going to get this mask, it's retailing at $45 and is rather friendly on the pocket.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Ms H's adventures Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Ugg Boots Sale | web hosting